- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup milk + 1 tsp white vinegar, combined and rested for 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 180C. prepare a donut pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the milk, oil, brown sugar, egg until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the grated carrots and gently mix them into the batter.
- Pipe the batter into each cavity of the donut pan
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 180c or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the dout comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Dunk in cinnamon sugar.