I love infusing tea into my desserts. Be it masala chai or earl grey, teas lend a beautiful flavour to desserts. Yesterday I got to work with SPRIG's golden matcha tea powder- high quality green tea in its purest form. I decided to bake some quick matcha donuts that were heavenly! I can't get enough of the subtle taste and aroma. You have to try out this recipe!
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1+1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp golden matcha powder
- 1/2 cup milk
for the glaze-
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 5-6 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp golden matcha powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Oil a donut pan.
- Combine oil and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the milk.
- Add in flour, baking powder and matcha powder. Do not over-mix
- Pipe the batter into the prepared donut pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the glaze, combine the icing sugar, matcha powder and milk. If the glaze is too runny, add more sugar. If it is too tough, add more milk.