I love eating lavender dessert but weirdly, I had never tried using it in my own kitchen, until yesterday. I decided to pair it with lemon and guess what? Lavender might be my new favourite flavour to work with. I used the beautiful Extract of Natural Culinary Lavender from SPRIG.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Extract of Natural Culinary Lavender
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup figs, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetable oil and sugar. Beat in the egg. Add lavender extract and lemon juice. Fold in the figs
- Alternate milk and the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition. You should begin and end with the dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.