'Bake With Shivesh' is all about easy desserts and with this recipe, we'll take easy to the next level. All you need is rolled puff pastry, strawberry preserve and some fresh strawberries. The flaky, butter-y puff pastry makes for a perfect base for a yummy strawberry filling. The best part about this tart is that you can cut it into triangles, like I did, and you'll have strawberry pizza slices! Happy Baking!
- 1 sheet of rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserve
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Egg wash (1 egg lightly beaten + a splash of milk)
- powdered sugar, to dust
- thyme, to garnish
- Pre heat your oven to 200C.
- Spread the puff pastry on a baking tray lined with baking sheet.
- Turn up the edges all the way around.
- Fill with strawberry preserve. Arrange fresh strawberries on the top.
- Brush the edges with egg wash.
- Bake the tart for 40 minutes or until the edges become golden-brown.
- Dust with icing sugar and garnish with fresh thyme.