I love brownies but for some reason I don't make them too often. Maybe that is the reason why I don't have a brownie recipe on the blog yet. I'm finally changing that sharing this yum recipe with you that uses organic peanut butter. Last month I shared the recipe of cookie sandwiches using the organic peanut butter from 24 Mantra. I loved it so much that I decided to continue experimenting with it in my kitchen. Its been 3 months since I started my journey into organic cooking and baking and when you look at the broader picture you will notice that 24 Mantra Organic has so many organic products that you can plan all your meals using organic ingredients. Here you go-
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- Butter an 8" square pan and pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- In a saucepan set over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Let it cool.
- Combine sugar and eggs. Add the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Fold in the walnuts
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish. Top with peanut butter and using a skewer, make swirls.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.