- 1 + 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 table spoons custard powder
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 7-8 plums, sliced
- Prepare a 9" cake tin by brushing it with butter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon powder and custard powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Combine both dry and wet ingredients and mix only until well combined. Do not over mix. The batter will be very thick.
- Trasfer the batter to the cake tin. Place the plum slices on top.
- Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.