- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup traditional oats
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cold water
- egg wash ( 1 egg, lightly beaten with milk)
- 2 cups frozen/ fresh strawberries
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1/4 tsp cardamon powder
- zest of one orange
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- In a food processor, mix flour, oats, sugar and butter until it resembles a coarse meal. Add water and mix until the dough comes together. Transfer the dough into a bowl and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the filling, combine all the ingredients under "filling". Transfer to the pie dish/ a skillet
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Roll out the dough and using a cookie cutter, cut out stars and Christmas trees out of the dough.
- Place the dough trees and stars on the filling. Lightly brush with egg wash.
- Bake the pie at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until the trees and stars become golden brown.
- Serve hot with ice-cream.