No one loves baked donuts like I do and that is why I've been making them so often. They're fun, delicious and easy to make.
This week I decided to make donuts for breakfast and what could be better than some hot donuts with strawberry jam? I got my hands on the delicious strawberry jam from 24 Mantra organic and made swirls on the donuts before I popped them into the oven. These donuts are incredibly light and perfect for breakfast. The strawberry jam adds a beautiful flavour to the donuts. To make the donuts moist, I use buttermilk in the recipe and also the organic sugar from 24 Mantra Organic. It is an organic sugar and still lends a super moist texture to the donuts like brown sugar would.
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1+1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 tbsp organic strawberry jam
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Oil a donut pan.
- Combine oil and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the milk.
- Add in flour and baking powder. Do not over-mix
- Pipe the batter into the prepared donut pan. Pipe strawberry jam on top and make swirls using a skewer. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
I have loved working with team 24 Mantra Organic on this amazing Organic Mantras Initiative. There is nothing healthier and better than living an organic life and with over 200 Organic Products, 24 Mantra Organic has products that you can use on a daily basis from breakfast to Dinner to desserts to savories. Don’t forget to follow them on Instagram and on Facebook if you aren’t following them already.