- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 + 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 + 1/2 cups boiling hot water
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda,salt, espresso powder and cocoa powder
- Pour the hot water into a large bowl. Add brown sugar, vegetable oil and vinegar. Mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Do not over mix- mix only until well combined and there are no flour pockets in the batter.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin and bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cover with dark chocolate, melted with one teaspoon of vegetable oil.