I love cookies. Especially when they are so easy to make and so delicious. I call these chewy cookies volcano cookies because they are basically volcanoes of white chocolate chips, almonds and caramel chocolate chunks.
It is very important to let the dough chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before you can pop them into the oven. I know it is very tempting to simply skip this step BUT it is very important to chill the dough.
It is also important to not over bake the cookies. Bake them for only 12-15 minutes or until the edges have become golden brown. Let the cookies rest on the baking tray for 10 minutes after you have taken them out of the oven. They will look under-baked even after the edges have become brown but they will continue to cook as they cool
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1+1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch/ corn flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup caramel chocolate of your choice ( I used Mars)
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is fluffy
- Add in both brown and white sugar and cream them with the butter.
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add crushed almonds and white chocolate chips. Using a spatula or a whisk, carefully mix them into the batter
- Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Place the caramel chocolate chunks on the cookie dough balls and press them lightly with your fingers into the dough. Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Pre heat your oven to 170C
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- After taking them out of the oven, let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes